Coming up: 2019 Blackhorse Reunion in Las Vegas, 6-9 June, 2019
Register online: https://www.afr-reg.com/Blackhorse2019/
Register by mail: Click here to download a printable registration form.
GOLD COAST HOTEL & CASINO – LAS VEGAS, NV
4000 W Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89103
Get a map.
(800) 675-3267 or (702) 367-7111
This hotel/casino is located just minutes off the strip, still close to local restaurants and attractions
Please call (800) 675-3267 or (702) 367-7111 and reference the Blackhorse Association Reunion or provide Group Reservation ID A9BAC06 or please visit www.goldcoastcasino.com/groups and use group code A9BAC06
Group Name: Blackhorse Association Reunion
Reunion Dates: June 6-9, 2019
Rate: $42 Wed-Thurs Rate + Tax (currently 13%) + Resort Fee (currently $20.99 per room daily plus tax) $92 Fri-Sat Rate + Tax (currently 13%) + Resort Fee (currently $20.99 per room daily plus tax)
At check-in guests will be required to post a valid credit card to secure their individual room accounts and to cover an additional $100 security/damage deposit.
Cut off Date: 5/2/19 Late reservations will be accepted on a space and rate availability basis.
A refundable deposit equal to the first night’s room and tax will be authorized on your credit card at the time of the reservation to guarantee your reservation. The deposit will be applied to the guest hotel bill or refunded only if the reservation is cancelled a minimum of 48 hours prior to the scheduled arrival date. Reservations cancelled after 48 hours prior to arrival will not be refunded the deposit of one night’s room and tax. Cancellations must be made through the same reservation channel that you originally booked the room.
Parking & Shuttle Information
Gold Coast Hotel & Casino offers free parking, both surface and garage parking. Valet parking is also free with gratuity at customer discretion. The hotel does not offer shuttle service to the McCarran International Airport (LAS). The airport-has onsite shuttle service that will provide transportation. BellTrans Shuttle & Charter offers shared ride service to and from the airport. Currently prices range from 15-$18 round trip per person; prices subject to change. Arriving airport shuttle passengers are grouped into 24 passenger buses and transported to 3 to 5 neighboring hotels. Shuttles conveniently pickup at Terminal 1 outside door 9 and at Terminal 3 outside door 52. To make reservations and verify pricing information, please visit www.airportshuttlelasvegas.com/airport-shuttle/ or call (800) 274-7433.
ScootAround rents both manual and power wheelchairs by the day and week. Please call (888) 441-7575 or visit www.scootaround.com to make reservations or for more information.
Our Reunion Mission
Our Regimental Association mission and objectives are:
- To honor comrades who gave their lives in the service of our country and Regiment.
- To preserve and strengthen comradeships formed in the Regiment.
- To provide educational scholarships for the children of those who served in the Regiment.
- To proclaim and publicize the achievements and traditions of the Regiment.
- To support the troopers serving in the active Regiment.
In order to accomplish the first two objectives the Blackhorse Association conducts frequent reunions to bring together Blackhorse veterans and their families from all eras of Regimental service.
- Between 1970 and 1995, the annual Blackhorse reunion was held at Fort Knox conjunction with the annual Armor Conference May each year
- 1996, the Blackhorse Association held its annual reunion along with the 11th Armored Cavalry Veterans Vietnam and Cambodia Louisville, KY
- 1997 – 2002, co-located with the ACVVC reunions in Las Vegas, New Orleans, San Diego, Buffalo, Washington, DC, and Nashville
- May 2000: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany (Border Legion)
- June 2005: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany along with our sister regiment, the 14th Cavalry. (Border Legion)
- June 2007: Williamsburg, VA
- May 2008: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2009: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany
- June 2010: Houston, TX
- June 2011: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2012: Williamsburg, VA
- June 2013: Louisville, KY
- June 2014: Colorado Springs, CO
- June 2015: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2016: San Antonio, TX
- June 2017: Atlanta, GA
- June 2018: Boston, MA