|Messages from the President:|
1. 2010 Reunion Special- Our reunion hosts from the Houston area will be offering a special Regimental print commissioned specifically for this reunion. Stay tuned for more news on what is fast becoming one of the finest Blackhorse Family Reunions ever.
2. Silent Auction items for the 9 to 13 June 2010 reunion should be coordinated with Bob Hurt at his email address of email@example.com. Remember, our reunions must be self sufficient and may not involve using Association funds. Our silent auction has been very successful in recent years as a means of funding our reunions.
3. We continue to upgrade our web presence. Greg Hallmark, Dir. of Communications, has created CavLand, a social network where past and current members of Blackhorse and their friends and families can meet and/or reconnect. Please visit www.CavLand.comopens in a new window for more info.
4. Blackhorse Monument- The Blackhorse Family has spoken clearly regarding the ultimate disposition of our monument. After a six month survey of the desires of the family, 2 out of 3 voted for the Ft. Benning option. Our monument will be moved by the Army in 2011 or 2012 to the site at Benning to join the other Armor and Cavalry monuments in a special place of honor.
5. Visit to the Regiment- Charley Watkins, BHA Secy., Don Brown, owner of FLA and I visited the Regiment last month to coordinate ways to better serve the Troopers. First we continue to pursue a means of providing a store front presence at Ft. Irwin for the sale of our memorabilia. The Troopers want it and we continue to look for a solution within the guidelines of Army Regulations and our ability to financially support the store in the Regimental area. We continue to provide online shopping. FLA places all orders from Ft. Irwin in priority delivery status.
6. Blackhorse Gear- Check the new wind shirt and the new microfleece jacket
7. Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you from your officers and directors.
ALLONS! and BLACKHORSE FOREVER!
John Sherman Crow