The 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment’s Blackhorse Association will hold its annual Blackhorse Family reunion in Las Vegas, NV from June 9-12, 2022, to maintain our connection to the regiment. The reunion is open to all past and present troopers as well as the families, who served with the Regiment, including anyone who served in the Regimental Community or any of the separate units that supported the Regiment and friends of the association.
We will be staying at The Orleans. Rooms have been set aside for reunion attendees. Rates for each night for each level of rooms are provided below:
Reservations must be made by May 2, 2022! Book your room by using group code ABA2C05 on the Orleans reservation website at https://www.orleanscasino.com/groups, or call toll free at 800-675-3267.
To ensure there is no confusion, check your calendars and make certain to book the night you plan on arriving and the date you plan on leaving. If you fail to show, because you booked your room for Tuesday, but your plane doesn’t arrive until Weds, you risk having your reservation cancelled as a ‘No show.’ Double check your dates and book in advance. First come, first served.
Current list of registered attendees of the upcoming 2022 Blackhorse Reunion:
James T. Benefield
Roger (Jeff) Corbin
Randy R. Cozad
John Sherman Crow
Jim Eriser, III
Jacob (Jake) Fryer
Jay M. Hall
David L. Harrison
Bill J. Hutton
Richard J. Koteck
Walter Mazuchowski, Jr
Robert Otlowski, Jr
Richard M. Reiff
George K. Reyes
Frank S. Rodriguez, Jr
James Glenn Snodgrass
Robert St. Laurent
Kris P. Thompson
Adrian Van Cleve
Dr. Sara Gilliam
Mary Anne Rosenberger
Charlotte St. Laurent
Our Reunion Mission
Our Regimental Association mission and objectives are:
- To honor comrades who gave their lives in the service of our country and Regiment.
- To preserve and strengthen comradeships formed in the Regiment.
- To provide educational scholarships for the children of those who served in the Regiment.
- To proclaim and publicize the achievements and traditions of the Regiment.
- To support the troopers serving in the active Regiment.
In order to accomplish the first two objectives the Blackhorse Association conducts frequent reunions to bring together Blackhorse veterans and their families from all eras of Regimental service.
Projected Future reunions
- 2023 – Fort Benning/Atlanta
- 2024 – Colorado Springs
- 2025 – Vegas
- 2026 – San Antonio
- Between 1970 and 1995, the annual Blackhorse reunion was held at Fort Knox conjunction with the annual Armor Conference May each year
- 1996, the Blackhorse Association held its annual reunion along with the 11th Armored Cavalry Veterans Vietnam and Cambodia Louisville, KY
- 1997 – 2002, co-located with the ACVVC reunions in Las Vegas, New Orleans, San Diego, Buffalo, Washington, DC, and Nashville
- May 2000: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany (Border Legion)
- February 1 – 3, 2001 in Las Vegas. 100th Anniversary Reunion.
- June 2005: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany along with our sister regiment, the 14th Cavalry. (Border Legion)
- June 2007: Williamsburg, VA
- May 2008: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2009: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany
- June 2010: Houston, TX
- June 2011: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2012: Williamsburg, VA
- June 2013: Louisville, KY
- June 2014: Colorado Springs, CO
- June 2015: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2016: San Antonio, TX
- June 2017: Atlanta, GA
- June 2018: Boston, MA
- June 2019: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2021: San Antonio, TX