Warning Order! 2020 Reunion
Below are the four W’s for our next Reunion. More to follow as we get details, but mark your calendar and please lock in these dates.
When: June 3-7, 2020
Where: Hotel Elegante, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Why: 50th Anniversary for the Blackhorse Association
Who: All BHA members and invited guests
11th ACR NORTHEAST REGION REUNION
JULY 12th July 14th, 2019
Lodging at the NIAGARA FALLS AIR BASE located 10780 Kinross St.
Niagara Falls, New York, 14304-5000
Ph # (716)- 236-2014
Reservation Group: 11th ACR NORTHEAST REGION BLACKHORSE Reunion.
Rate: Based on retired rank but about $70 per night
Room are blocked from July 11th thru the 15th. If you have base clearance (retired military or 100% service-connected disability), there will be no more for you to do once you reserve your room. Otherwise, we need to get your information for base access. Contact Walter at (716)-392-7916 as soon as you make your reservations.
Friday – July 12, 2019
1830-2330: Welcome dinner at the Como Restaurant
2220 Pine Ave, Niagara Falls, NY 14301.
Cost is TBD
Saturday – July 13th, 2019
0900 – 1100: Guided walking tour of Ft. Niagara
102 MORROW PLAZA, YOUNGSTOWN, NY 14174-0169 USA.
Cost is $11 per person
1100 – 1530: Free time (visit area attractions).
1530 – 1930: Social at Base Club (Cost ~$28)
1630 – 1700: VA Speaker on Healthcare & Recreational opportunities thru the VA.
1630 – 1800: Silent auction and raffle
Sunday – July 14, 2019
0900 – 2100: Goodbyes
0900 – 1200: “Maid of the Mist” ship visit to the bottom of Niagara Falls. Cost is $18.95 per person.
Coming up: 1st Annual BHA Northwest Regional mini-reunion
What: 1st Annual BHA Northwest Regional mini-reunion
When: 17 Aug 2019
Where: 14409 State Route 507 Southeast, Yelm, WA 98597
Who: All former and current troopers and family are invited
Service and Support:
Lodging: Days Inn by Wyndham Lacey Olympia Area, 8200 Quinault Dr NE, Lacey, WA 98516•(360) 339-5409 $70 per night. Working a group rate. Inform them you are with the Blackhorse Association
Food: BBQ provided by Roger Evenson (needs a good headcount by 10 Aug)
Bring side dishes
View the route of march
POC is Roger Evenson <mailto:email@example.com>(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our Reunion Mission
Our Regimental Association mission and objectives are:
- To honor comrades who gave their lives in the service of our country and Regiment.
- To preserve and strengthen comradeships formed in the Regiment.
- To provide educational scholarships for the children of those who served in the Regiment.
- To proclaim and publicize the achievements and traditions of the Regiment.
- To support the troopers serving in the active Regiment.
In order to accomplish the first two objectives the Blackhorse Association conducts frequent reunions to bring together Blackhorse veterans and their families from all eras of Regimental service.
- Between 1970 and 1995, the annual Blackhorse reunion was held at Fort Knox conjunction with the annual Armor Conference May each year
- 1996, the Blackhorse Association held its annual reunion along with the 11th Armored Cavalry Veterans Vietnam and Cambodia Louisville, KY
- 1997 – 2002, co-located with the ACVVC reunions in Las Vegas, New Orleans, San Diego, Buffalo, Washington, DC, and Nashville
- May 2000: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany (Border Legion)
- June 2005: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany along with our sister regiment, the 14th Cavalry. (Border Legion)
- June 2007: Williamsburg, VA
- May 2008: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2009: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany
- June 2010: Houston, TX
- June 2011: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2012: Williamsburg, VA
- June 2013: Louisville, KY
- June 2014: Colorado Springs, CO
- June 2015: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2016: San Antonio, TX
- June 2017: Atlanta, GA
- June 2018: Boston, MA
- June 2019: Las Vegas, NV