Warning Order #2
Blackhorse Family Reunion 2024!
Save the Dates
July 24 – 28, 2024 (early check-in beginning July 21, 2024)
Reservation period: Nov 1, 2023 thru June 23, 2024. The Academy Hotel does not use online reservations and requires reservations to be made telephonically. Here are the details:
Room block dates: July 22 – 28, 2024
Reservation dates: July 25 – 28, 2024
Room rates: $135 per night (includes breakfast, parking, internet) Hotel reservation number: 719-598-5770
Group code: Blackhorse Association Reunion
Activities in the area (with the proposed days)
Tuesday (noon – 5 p.m.)
Pre-reunion BBQ at Blackhorse Stables (Scott’s place) Cost: free
Travel on your own
Thursday (2 p.m. – 5 p.m.)
Pioneer package (zipline, wall climbing, etc.): $25 per person 45-minute cave tour: $17-25 per person
90-minute lantern cave tour: $22-30 per person
– opens in a new windowManitou Springs Cliff Dwellers (https://www.cliffdwellingsmuseum.com/) Cost: $7-12 per person
Thursday dinner (4 p.m. – 8 p.m.)
opens in a new windowFlying W Ranch (https://www.flyingw.com/)
– Dinner cost: $54
– Transportation by carpool
opens in a new windowAir Force National Museum (https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Virtual-Tour/)
– Admission is free
– Transportation by carpool or bus (TBD)
Saturday tour options (noon – 3 p.m.)
opens in a new windowPro Rodeo Museum and Hall of Fame (https://www.prorodeohalloffame.com/) – Admission fee: $7-10 per person
– Transportation by carpool or bus (TBD)
Friday Stable your mount casual Pasta buffet
Salad, pasta, sauce, and grilled chicken with apple crisp, tea, lemonade, water, coffee, and cash bar.
Saturday gourmet buffet
Rolls & Butter, salad, 2 side dishes, TBD Entree, TBD Premium Entree (carving station), assorted cakes and cheesecake, tea, lemonade, water, coffee, and cash bar.
Registration costs (estimated to be approx. $100 per person) include Friday and Saturday dinners with a coin.
Registration window: Nov. 1, 2023 thru July 24, 2024
The Blackhorse Association is excited to announce five upcoming mini-reunions that will be held in 2023. These mini-reunions are great opportunities to reconnect with friends and fellow troopers who are enthusiastic about all things related to the Blackhorse.
We expect additional mini-reunions to be announced in the upcoming weeks, and we’ll be sure to communicate this to the association’s members in our E-News and on our website.
Pigapalooza ‒ Arkansas
September 29 ‒ 30, 2023
423 West Don Tyson Parkway
Springdale, AR 72764
Friday — meet and greet social at 4 p.m. with German brats and German cuisine.
Saturday — social at 4 p.m. featuring traditional pulled pork, ribs, brisket, and DJ providing music in the evening.
There are lots of things to see and do in Northwest Arkansas while you’re in the area.
For RV users, please consider Creeks RV Resort, 1499 South Main St, Cave Springs, AR 727189. Their phone is 479-248-1000.
Recommended Hotel: DoubleTree by Hilton
4677 Sunset Ave
Springdale, AR 72762
Our organization info is Pigapalooza; code is PIG.
Rate: $104/night plus taxes (includes breakfast)
Reserve prior to September 6.
For questions, please contact Dave Cowan at DaveAndBeate@nullgmail.com.
Our Reunion Mission
Our Regimental Association mission and objectives are:
- To honor comrades who gave their lives in the service of our country and Regiment.
- To preserve and strengthen comradeships formed in the Regiment.
- To provide educational scholarships for the children of those who served in the Regiment.
- To proclaim and publicize the achievements and traditions of the Regiment.
- To support the troopers serving in the active Regiment.
In order to accomplish the first two objectives the Blackhorse Association conducts frequent reunions to bring together Blackhorse veterans and their families from all eras of Regimental service.
Projected Future reunions
- 2023 – Fort Benning/Columbus, GA
- 2024 – Colorado Springs
- 2025 – Vegas
- 2026 – San Antonio
- Between 1970 and 1995, the annual Blackhorse reunion was held at Fort Knox conjunction with the annual Armor Conference May each year
- 1996, the Blackhorse Association held its annual reunion along with the 11th Armored Cavalry Veterans Vietnam and Cambodia Louisville, KY
- 1997 – 2002, co-located with the ACVVC reunions in Las Vegas, New Orleans, San Diego, Buffalo, Washington, DC, and Nashville
- May 2000: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany (Border Legion)
- February 1 – 3, 2001 in Las Vegas. 100th Anniversary Reunion.
- June 2005: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany along with our sister regiment, the 14th Cavalry. (Border Legion)
- June 2007: Williamsburg, VA
- May 2008: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2009: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany
- June 2010: Houston, TX
- June 2011: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2012: Williamsburg, VA
- June 2013: Louisville, KY
- June 2014: Colorado Springs, CO
- June 2015: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2016: San Antonio, TX
- June 2017: Atlanta, GA
- June 2018: Boston, MA
- June 2019: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2021: San Antonio, TX
- June 2022: Las Vegas, NV